SDC TALKRADIO

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Interview with Amy Barbera by Jessica Gilbert

Interview with Amy Barbera by Jessica Gilbert

Amy Barbera- Rainbow Butterfly
Inspirational
Singer-Songwriter
Jessica: Amy, it’s such a pleasure to have you in TSM. Thanks so much for doing an interview for the magazine.
Amy: I am so happy to be interviewing with you Jessica. It is so awesome how God brought us together. Thank you from my heart for featuring me in your wonderful magazine!
Jessica: What inspired you to get into music? And at what age did you start singing and writing songs?
Amy: Well, I have always known since I was a small child that I had a passion to sing. When I was in elementary school the school decided to put on a big talent show and I entered the contest! I dressed up in a cute little dress and used some fun props and performed the song “My Favorite Things” from the movie The Sound Of Music. I ended up winning the whole talent contest and that really boosted my self-esteem! I was a shy little girl at the time and did not have much self confidence so winning the contest really meant so much to me. In middle and high school I was in the choir, and in my early years of college I did some musical theatre and even got some small leads, but it wasn’t until I moved to Florida at the age of twenty one that I really decided to pursue music with my whole heart. In Florida I started singing as a praise and worship leader at a church called Living Word Fellowship Church and that is when God really revealed to me that my calling was to sing. The church music leader gave me solos every week and I started seriously training with many voice teachers at that time as well, so that is when I really started to grow as a singer and an artist! Around the age of twenty three is when my songwriting journey began and the Lord started putting original songs in my heart to write and record. In 1998 I recorded my very first original song titled “Flowers In My Garden” with a music producer named Tim Jack! Since then I have written and recorded over twenty original songs, and in 2008 I released my original thirteen song debut album Beautiful Flower of Life.
Want to read more, please go to this website:
http://talentspotlightmagazine.net/2012/07/interview-with-amy-barbera-by-jessica-gilbert/

No comments:

Post a Comment